Kaye Goes To the Beach!

Kaye Goes To the Beach!
Life is like a Beach Chair

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Giving in Order to Receive

Most of the time when we think about our life, we think of it in terms of what we do not have.  We consider things such as not having enough money to buy certain things.  Next, we may consider that we don't have the time to make a commitment to giving of ourselves in one way or another.  Well, I have been using myself as a guinea pig for quite a while now with regards to giving.  I was in a very bad place mentally a few years back.  It seemed that I had the problems that I previously mentioned, I didn't have enough time to do anything, let alone any extra cash to buy anything or support a cause, regardless of how important it was.  I was introduced to a video, that talked about how the universe works and how we can make it work for us. 

At first, I thought the information found on the video was just a bunch of hogwash.  So jokingly (but seriously at the same time), I asked the Universe to make it possible for me to give more....give more of my time and money to support worthy causes. And BOY did the universe respond!  It gave me all kinds of crazy time to lend myself to supporting charities (I did so much charitable work that I decided to start my own non profit organization)!  It also started sending a steady flow of extra cash my way, and of course I supported various charities and other notable causes.  It was very much an exhilarating and surprising experience.

But what was more surprising and inspiring was how the universe responded to my "giving"- I began to feel uplifted and joyous all the time.  I also began to receive "gifts" of great magnitude from the most unexpected people and at just the right time!  It excited me so much that I wanted to utilize all my skills, talents, and resources to keep on giving!  And the more I gave of myself to the world around me, the more the universe responded.  It responded with not just material resources but spiritual ones too.  I have a keener sense of discernment and loyalty.  I am more conscious about how I relate to others and how I make them feel.  I am more conscious about how I treat myself.  I thought it would be hard to change, but I realized that it wasn't hard to change my way of thinking, the hard part was keeping my changed mindset.  Even though I backslide here and there, it still makes me happy to know that in the morning, I have the chance to do it right again!  I take that chance seriously, and in return the Universe (or GOD as I so love to refer to it as) takes me seriously.

Why don't you try it today!?  You don't have to be rich or in a position of stature to give, and everyone doesn't need money.  Some people just need a smile, so that they have a reason to smile back.  Some people need a shoulder to cry on- some people may need some advice on something you know a lot about.  Some people just need a peson to sit quietly with.  Be on purpose about your giving to others, so that the universe can be on purpose about giving back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment