Kaye Goes To the Beach!

Kaye Goes To the Beach!
Life is like a Beach Chair

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Making Your Greatest Mark on the World Comes by Being Yourself

For the past few years, I have been on a quest to find out what makes some people successful in this country we call the United States of America and why some people never find their reason for standing up and becoming the unique and individual beings that God intended us to be.  I have read many self help books on varying subjects relating to living a whole life and even did what most kids are raised to believe they should do:  Go to college and then look for a stable and secure position within a large, reputable company. 

My studies have helped me to discover many truths and falsehoods about how one should go about develping themselves into the great people they wish to become.  Of all of the things that I discovered, it turns out that the constant thing that most people who develop sustained financial wealth, balance of life and work, a well-rounded family, and great spiritual connection with the higher source is that most of them are not afraid to dig inside themselves through prayer and meditation to find who they are truly supposed to be and what their purpose is.  These great people then act immediately upon those ideals that feel right to them at their core, and I've learned that with practice you can always get the result that you focus on!

In the beginning, I didn't believe this theory, so I started testing it.  I started out with small things, like knowing that "at this moment" I will drive 20 miles without being stopped by a red light.  In the beginning my belief worked for me for maybe 3 or 4 lights, then 5-8 lights, and before long, I was driving miles "knowing that at that moment" the lights would all be green for me--and you know what, they were! 

There are a lot of very influential people whom have written books on the subject and I have read them.  I have also read some great biographies about influential people proceeding on with becoming who they are supposed to be, regardless of what anyone else thought of their decisions.  I intend to join their ranks.  I have been inspired by people from all walks of life who have made indeliable marks on the world to make my mark as well.  Lately, no one has inspired me more than the hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons.  In his book, "Do You!" with Chris Morrow, Simmons shares the "12 laws that he uses to access the power within you to acheive happiness and success". 

While the book is a very easy read and quite entertaining, the true message of the book is so crystal clear that it takes the stage in the lead role- and speaks to anyone and everyone about what they can do to lead their best life ever.  While everything worth having takes effort to get, reading this book helped me to rekindle the faith I once had in myself (which actually was wavering just a little while ago), and gave me the energy and the courage to press forward with being myself!  And I realized that if I love who I am and put the "best me" on display at every opportunity, while giving God the glory for my very existence, and finally giving to others in a way that enables them to be better and lifted up, then I am creating a great brand...one for God that will last till the end of time but will also be loved by many mere mortals residing here on earth!

So, if you are looking for a powerful read, then check the book out...and if I inspired you with this post, then get started right now on becoming who you are meant to be- you will find yourself being so happy that you took the leap!

Love,

Kaye Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment